- Important Information and Who we Are 1
- The Data we Collect About You 2
- How your Personal Data is Collected 3
- How we use your Personal Data 4
- Disclosures of your Personal Data 9
- International Transfers 9
- Data Security 9
- Data Retention 9
- Third Parties 9
- Your Legal Rights 10
- Payment Processing 11
- Glossary 12
1. Important Information and Who we Are
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to relevant laws including, but not limited to, the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
1.3 Contact Details
- Full name of legal entity: FootballMatcher Ltd
- Name and Email address of DPO: Philip Day (email@example.com)
- Postal address: 65 Drummond House, Woolwich, SE18 6FW
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
1.5 Third-Party Links
2. The Data we Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Platform, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may collect your nationality, which is a Special Category of Personal Data (as this may inadvertently include details about your race or ethnicity). This data will be used for the sole purpose of displaying your nations flag in association with your profile and is intended to enhance your experience on our Platform. You do not have to use your own nationality and the nationality you use for the purpose of the Platform may instead be the international football team that you support. In any event we will only retain this data for as long as reasonably necessary and require your explicit consent for this. This consent will be gained when you complete the ‘tick-box’ to confirm that we can collect this special category data and accept these terms.
2.1 If you Fail to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a services you have with us (including without limitation cancelling your attendance at a match but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How your Personal Data is Collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- create an account on our Platform;
- subscribe to our service;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties: a. analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; b. advertising networks; and c. search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. How we use your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/ to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
4.1 Purposes for Which we will use your Personal Data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||a) Identity b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order/services including: a) Manage payments, fees and charges b) Collect and recover money owed to us ||a) Identity b) Contact c) Financial d) Transaction e) Marketing and Communications||a) Performance of a contract with you b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us) |
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||a) Identity b) Contact c) Profile d) Usage e) Marketing and Communications||a) Performance of a contract with you b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business) |
|To administer and protect our business and this Platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) ||a) Identity b) Contact c) Technical||a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation |
|To deliver relevant Platform content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you ||a) Identity b) Contact c) Profile d) Usage e) Marketing and Communications f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy) |
|To use data analytics to improve our Platform, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences ||a) Technical b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our Platform updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy) |
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||a) Identity b) Contact c) Technical d) Usage e) Profile f) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
4.3 Promotional Offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
4.4 Third-Party Marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
4.5 Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time. This can be done by logging into the Platform and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
4.7 Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International Transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom. We are actively monitoring the impact of the UK withdrawing from the EU and will make such amendments to these terms and our handling of your personal data as reasonably required as a result.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
8.1 How Long will you use my Personal Data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
9. Third Parties
a. External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
10. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstance, you have the right to:
- Request Access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request Correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request Erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to Processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request Restriction of Processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: -- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy. -- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it. -- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. -- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the Transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw Consent at any Time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
10.1 No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
10.2 What we May Need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10.3 Time Limit to Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will try to notify you and keep you updated.
11. Payment Processing
FootballMatcher's does not store any card information. Worldpay stores your card details and passes a reference to us to process your payment. If you choose to save a card, worldpay sends us a reusable token to store in our database which is encrypted and stored. To reuse a saved card, you will need to enter your card security code each time for added security.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.